Family Game Night is this Friday (6/15) at the Natick store! Please join us from 7-9pm for games, snacks, and an evening of old-fashioned fun! We have plenty of new games we’d love to try out with you and your families, plus old favorites. As a bonus, take 20% off any one game during or after the event!
Everyone is welcome! Invite your friends and spread the word!
We will be hosting Family Game Night at the Natick store the evening of Friday, May 18th from 7 to 9pm. Please join us with your family and friends! We will provide the games and snacks; we just need to see your game-ready faces.
Recommended for children 4+, but we have games for all ages from manufacturers including Blue Orange, Thinkfun, Gamewright, and more. Come test out some of our newest, most exciting games! This is a free activity. Spread the word! We hope to see you there.
Hello and Happy New Year! Welcome back. To start the year off right, we’re introducing our first Family Game Night. It will take place Friday, January 20th from 7-9pm at the Natick store. All kids ages 4 and up are welcome. We will provide games and snacks. Just bring yourselves, your family, and friends!
Some of the games we’ll have will be:
– award-winning card game from Gamewright. Use strategy and imagination to wake the slumbering queens! The game was thought up by a 6-year-old in her dreams: how imaginative! Ages 8+
– a tactile strategy game of stomping marbles. Be the last one on the board and you win. Figure out how to stomp out your opponents. Stomple is a game of logic, but which is easy to learn and play. A game for to-be Chess lovers. Ages 6+
Zeus on the Loose
– The goal of this game is to catch the Zeus card. Another award-winner from Gamewright, Zeus on the Loose blends simple math with the exciting myths of the ancient Greek gods. Ages 8+
– Is a visual card game from Blue Orange. Any pair of cards has one picture match–and only one! Be the first to spot it to collect or get rid of your cards, depending on which version you choose to play! A game of speed and giggling. Ages 6+
– Zingo is like Bingo but with pictures and words! An award-winning game from Thinkfun for beginning and pre-readers. It helps young players match pictures to words. The first to fill their Zingo card wins by yelling, “Zingo!” Ages 4+
These are some of our favorites we’ve picked out by playing at home with our family. So save the date! We hope to see you there.
This weekend is our annual BIG sale. Take 20% off everything in the store all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday – Nov. 18, 19, and 20 (Wellesley and Natick). Kick start your holiday shopping and get it done early. As always, we offer free gift wrapping and our staff is eager to help you find just the right gift.
For instance, one of our recent favorites is the new Fastrack elastic band hockey game from Blue Orange. The goal is to see how many discs you can get on your opponent’s side by sliding them across the board with your elastic trigger. A little action contained in a board game. Ages 5 to 105. PLUS, Blue Orange is an environmentally responsible company who plants 2 trees for every tree they use.
Finally, November 26 is a big day for local businesses. It’s the second annual Small Business Saturday, when people across the country shop to support their favorite local stores. We hope you will join us on this day! We can not express how important our customers are to us and how much we value our relationships with each of you. Show your commitment to local retailers in lieu of big box chains to get your holiday shopping done, and support the local economy.
Plus, American Express customers can get a one-time $25 statement credit when they register their American Express card and use it on Saturday the 26th for a purchase of more than $25 at any small business. We hope to see you there. Visit the Small Business Facebook page for more info.
Spot-it is habit-forming. My friends (in their twenties) want to play it all the time. There are four different ways to play with the circular deck of cards. The trick to each game is that between any two cards there is ONE image match, and only one. (A mind-boggling logistical feat). So each manner of playing depends on spotting matches between your card and another, and it’s a race to spot as many as possible before cards run out! Whether the goal is to collect or get rid of cards depends on the way you choose to play. It is a competitive game: fast-paced and might make some just a bit anxious, but that is why we keep coming back for more! The whole game fits into a small, well-packaged can, so it is great to travel with. It would be a fabulous item to include in a camp care package.
A Blue Orange game.