This will be a fun post. This Thursday, the 26th, we’re celebrating National Kazoo Day! Come into either store to claim your free Kazoo and make some Kazooic! (Is that a dumb word? We made it up). But speaking of Kazooic (kazoo-music), here’s an example of some professional musicians using the kazoo–well. The National Kazoo Day website has an mp3 of the Dexter Street Stompers playing their ode to the history of the Kazoo, “Down South Submarine”. Listen here.
“Down South Submarine” refers to the name the kazoo was initially marketed as, due to its shape. The modern day kazoo that we think of was designed in Georgia in the early 1840s by two gentlemen called Alabama Vest and Thaddeus Von Clegg, and then exhibited at the Georgia State Fair in 1852. But kazoos have been traced far back in time, particularly on the African continent. Check out this wacky variation on the kazoo, from oddmusic.com! (below)
The new Playmobil catalogs are in, and they’re free! Come and get one. They’re hours of fun on their own. Glossy, full color pages that illustrate entire worlds can cast a spell on any child’s imagination. The water sparkles in Vacation Time!, Pegasus fly over the Princess Fantasy Castle and fire engine lights glow electric blue in the night of Fire Rescue. Enjoy! Many surprises inside.
Melissa & Doug Farm Animals Puzzle, one of many things searchable on Milo.com!
We’ve linked our inventory with Milo.com so now you can browse our selection of toys whenever you feel like it from home: check it out. The website updates every 5 minutes so you can see what we have in stock at any moment! You can browse by brand, like Melissa & Doug, Creativity for Kids, or Schylling, or you can browse by category, like Yo-yos, Trains & Railway Sets, or Pre-K Toys. You can also type in a particular thing your looking for with your zip code and if we have it, it should show up! We’re excited about this. We hope you get some use out of it.
Of course, we are always more than happy to answer questions over the phone in Wellesley: 781-239-9955 or Natick: 508-653-7600, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We love to hear from you!
Happy MLK Day. “Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.”
Hello and Happy New Year! Welcome back. To start the year off right, we’re introducing our first Family Game Night. It will take place Friday, January 20th from 7-9pm at the Natick store. All kids ages 4 and up are welcome. We will provide games and snacks. Just bring yourselves, your family, and friends!
Some of the games we’ll have will be:
– award-winning card game from Gamewright. Use strategy and imagination to wake the slumbering queens! The game was thought up by a 6-year-old in her dreams: how imaginative! Ages 8+
– a tactile strategy game of stomping marbles. Be the last one on the board and you win. Figure out how to stomp out your opponents. Stomple is a game of logic, but which is easy to learn and play. A game for to-be Chess lovers. Ages 6+
Zeus on the Loose
– The goal of this game is to catch the Zeus card. Another award-winner from Gamewright, Zeus on the Loose blends simple math with the exciting myths of the ancient Greek gods. Ages 8+
– Is a visual card game from Blue Orange. Any pair of cards has one picture match–and only one! Be the first to spot it to collect or get rid of your cards, depending on which version you choose to play! A game of speed and giggling. Ages 6+
– Zingo is like Bingo but with pictures and words! An award-winning game from Thinkfun for beginning and pre-readers. It helps young players match pictures to words. The first to fill their Zingo card wins by yelling, “Zingo!” Ages 4+
These are some of our favorites we’ve picked out by playing at home with our family. So save the date! We hope to see you there.